Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summer Time Fun

Baseball is a great activity to spend with family. Plus it is a fun exercise!  

Along with my attempt to run  I signed my self up for a couch to 5k program with the local park and rec. not sure what I was thinking but I was not ready for the running part they say jog for 90 seconds and man does 90 seconds take long I thought my lung were on fire with my feet and legs, I was for sure at the couch level! The last time I had to jog was in High School when they mad you do the mile.  Well I have to say, I did make it that first night and now I am on my third week and this week I they want to jog for 3 min. WOW! Well I made it for one time. I guess this is improvement. I just have to keep myself motivated that my future self will like me because of the healthy exercise I am putting in.
This is one of my favorite family sports softball.  We had our first annual family softball day and it was a blast. Just watching my family and friends "try" hitting the ball or even catching was so funny. We laughed so hard.  My youngest Nephew at 2 even joined in he was determined that he could hit that ball right off the tee all by himself. I though at one point he was going to bonk himself in the head with that little bat:) What a cutie! And my Little from Big Brother and Big Sisters was a  all star with the way she could hit that ball with out an tee.  I have to say my other nephews and nieces are so talented. I guess this is the best part of being the aunt is bragging about them! Check out some of the pics maybe this will inspire your family to get out there and have some fun this summer.








What is you families favorite activities?

Here is a fun easy treat for the summer picnics

 Betty Crocker Summer Fruit Pizza

INGREDIENTS

1
pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
1/2
cup butter or margarine, melted
1
egg
1
cup whipping cream
1/2
cup Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy cream cheese frosting (from 1-lb container)
3 1/2
cups assorted fresh fruit

    • Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray 14-inch pizza pan or 15x10-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
    • In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, melted butter and egg until soft dough forms. Press dough in bottom of pan. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 45 minutes.
    • In chilled medium bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Gently stir frosting into whipped cream. Spread over cookie pizza. Arrange fruit on top.
Have a fun Summer!
"Aunt B"

No comments:

Post a Comment